Have you ever seen the charming smile of Mona Lisa? This unique smile of hers has made an artistic craft as the most popular painting of all time. Essentially, if you are smiling you are intriguingly representing the symbol of your highest and most satisfying gauge of emotional content. This has been the scientific finding of Andrew Newberg. But, did you know that this endearing gesture has positive effects on our brain?
Smiling and the Human Brain: The Scientific Harmony
When a person smiles, his or her muscles contract and this reinforces positive feedback that goes back to the brain and reinforcing the feelings of joy. To explain,
Smiling stimulates our brain’s reward mechanisms in a way that even chocolate, a well-regarded pleasure-inducer, cannot match.
Smiling and Your Health
Here are some of the optimum benefits of smiling.
- It helps a lot in reducing stress.
- It prolongs one’s life span up to seven years
- Smiling releases endorphins that make you feel high even without apparent reason
- A sweet smile can miraculously strengthen your immune system
- Gives you the freedom and power to be more attractive and approachable.
- This is the ultimate trademark of a leader.
Your smile can dramatically transcend your personality into something that reflects your inner self and its concealed thoughts and feelings which are more expressive than your overt behavior.
Of course, your charming smile must be conglomerated with the state-of the art dental care and treatments from the one and only Tutanes Dental Care.